Getting to Know the Presidents/Creating an Access
||Patricia Janann Nicholson
||Computer Applications II
|Sunshine State Standard
- Demonstrate the use of sequential and logical planning to describe
the tasks, resources, and timelines necessary for the completion of
- Demonstrate appropriate use of varied input
and output devices, and awareness of file management and transfer
- Set up several types of database files; organize and analyze
collected data; and produce reports for specified projects.
- LA.B.2.4.2-organize information using appropriate systems.
- MA.E.1.4.1-interpret data that has been collected, organized,
and displayed in charts, tables, and plots.
- Demonstrate effective access strategies
and appropriate use of the Internet and electronic communications
to gather and share information used in specified projects.
- LA.A.2.4.6-select and use appropriate
study and research skills and tools according to the type of information
being gathered or organized.
- Demonstrate the use of productivity and
multimedia tools and peripherals to support personal effort, group
collaboration, and learning throughout the curriculum for specified
- LA.B.2.4.4-select and use a variety of electronic media,
such as the Internet, information services, and desktop-publishing
software programs, to create, revise, retrieve, and verify information.
||Getting to Know the Presidents
An Ask and Analyze Database Activity
||Nicholson's Lesson Plan Blues:
- create a table in design view.
- enter fields, using the correct format
- create a form using the wizard and setting the fields to display
appropriately on the form.
- enter presidential data into the form from
designated web sites.
- generate quarries to answer questions.
||Students will follow the instructions
provided at Nicholson's Lesson Plan Blues Webpage. Finished product will
included items listed in the grading rubric listed below.