Creating a Fairy Tale in Photo Story 3
Created by Patricia Janann Nicholson
Elements of a Fairy Movie
Common Elements of a Fairy Tale
Now you will create a fairy tale that will include graphics and the music you created in Audacity. You will also include voice narration from a script you will create in the form of a story board. First you will need to investigate the elements that make up a fairy tale.
Common Elements of Fairy Tales:
• Do NOT need to include fairies.
• Set in the past—usually significantly long ago. May be presented as historical fact from the past.
• Include fantasy, supernatural or make-believe aspects.
• Typically incorporate clearly defined good characters and evil characters.
• Involves magic elements, which may be magical people, animals, or objects. Magic may be positive or negative.
• May include objects, people, or events in threes.
• Focus the plot on a problem or conflict that needs to be solved.
• Often have happy endings, based on the resolution of the conflict or problem.
• Usually teach a lesson or demonstrate values important to the culture (Read, Write, Think, 2006).
First you will need to create your characters for the story. The Read, Write, Think organization has created a Character Map that will help you with the creation of each character. The graphic is shown below and the PDF file can be downloaded by clicking on the link below the graphic.
Character Map in PDF format.
Next you will need to create a setting where your story will take place. The following concept map will help you map out your setting. The graphic is shown below and the PDF file can be downloaded by clicking on the link below the graphic.
Setting Map in PDF format.
In every fairy tale there is a conflict of some kind. The concept map below shows the elements of a conflict. The graphic is shown below and the PDF file can be downloaded by clicking on the link below the graphic.
Finally the conflict in a fairy tale needs to be resolved. The Read Write Think Organization has also created a concept map to help you map out your resolution. The graphic is shown below and the map in PDF format can be downloaded below it.
Resolution Map in PDF format.
Complete all the concept maps and turn them in for a grade. Next you will create a storyboard in which you will actually script out your story.