Utterly Outrageous Cuisine Lesson Plan
||Patricia Janann Nicholson
||Information Design (Web I)
|Sunshine State Standard Benchmark:
- Demonstrate knowledge about the role of the computer in information
- Understand the synthesis of design and technology in the publishing
of information electronically in a Web environment.
- Incorporate visual, information, and programming design into the
creation of a Web site.
- Demonstrate the ability to design the Web site, pages, and graphics
using good layout, clean design, and smart choice of color.
- Understand the technology required to implement a well-designed
system of text and graphics that allows the user to navigate with ease.
- Chart content and workflow to determine site organization and plan
- Control the multimedia enhancements of interactivity, audio, moving
images (animation or video) and content on demand.
- Demonstrate the ability to create and work with editable text and
artwork to be used on the
- World Wide Web.
- Develop an understanding of copyright and its importance in protecting
original creative work.
- Analyze information design for its effectiveness.
||Utterly Outrageous Cuisine/An Adventure in Exotic Food/Putting
it all Together
||Nicholson's Lesson Plan Blues:
- Read and follow online directions which will result in a completed
frames Webpage entitled "Utterly Outrageous
Cuisine/An Adventure in Exotic Food."
- Create a Three Frames Web page that include six pages that load
when you enter the site (home, appetizers, beverages, entrees, desserts,
and an interactive form).
- Create a Two Frames Web page using the Three Frames page that include
a jump menu that will load the six pages (home, appetizers, beverages,
entrees, desserts, form).
Text editor) that will:
- display the days special.
- display a different dish for each day of the week.
- retrieve the current date information and save it as a variable
- Create an Online Form that displays the food in each category and
- Display a welcome message on the status bar.
- Last day page was updated.
- Create a Flash Movie that represents the companies theme.
- Create Buttons and Logo in Fireworks that complement the color
theme of the page.
||Students will follow the instructions provided at Nicholson's
Lesson Plan Blues Webpage. Finished products are included in the grading
rubric listed below.
||Outrageous Cuisine Grading Rubric