- Click File>New.
- At the New Document dialog box key 100 for the width and 275 for the
height. Later you will trim your canvas. The logo I created ended up being 273 X
The company name:
- Start by using the Text Tool ,
and typing the main word of your company name. Select a dark or midtone color,
and choose the font of your choice. An example is shown below:
Creating the company logo sub-text:
Using the same font, insert the rest of your company name, or
some other descriptive phrase, underneath the main header. Use a much smaller
font size, and increase the letter spacing by putting a space between each letter
in the insert text dialog box.
- To insert horizontal lines, to separate out and highlight the text of
the company logo, click the line tool , and while holding down the Shift key, drag the line out on the page holding
down the left mouse key.
- To change the width of the line, open the stroke panel (Window>Stroke) and choose the color and width of your line.
- To make sure that both lines appear the same, simply click on the first
line, select Edit>Copy, then Edit>Paste. Drag the copy of the line
where you want it to appear.
Adding a graphic element to your company logo design:
- With just words and lines, your logo design will look dull. If you don't
already have a small image you'd like to use, you can use the Shape Tool
which includes four different shapes.
- To display the rest of the shapes, simply click the arrow in the lower
right hand corner. This displays the other shape options .
- You can also use the Text Tool, and type a character in the Wingdings
font (fonts that appear as pictures). To check out this option, click on the text box and select Wingdings.
The Wingding chosen is displayed below:
Color need to be added to the top and bottom edge. To do
- Choose the square tool under the shape tool.
- Drag out your rectangle.
- Click on the rectangle to select it, then open the info panel by clicking
on Window and selecting Info from the menu.
- Type in the width of the document in the width box, and continue to
enter numbers in the height box until the desired result is achieved.
- Make sure to hit the enter key to apply the format to the rectangle.
- Included two small rectangles on the side to give it a framed
At this point, your company logo design is finished,. It will look good
both on screen and on paper. However, if you want to embellish it further for
the screen, then read on. Embellishing your company logo design will make it
look nicer, but it won't be as clear.
Adding some effects to your text:
To add effects to your text, click on your company title, open the effects
panel by clicking Window and selecting effects. The following text was given these effects.
- Inner Bevel
- Drop Shadow
- Raised Emboss
Adding an effect to your image:
- Click on your image and at the effects panel, choose an inner glow.
Notice that it also changed the color of the text, graphics, and the horizontal
line. Keep working with your logo until you get it the way you want it.
- Save this project with the assigned name logo.
- Proofread and spell check your document.