Now that you have the research data on your products, another
important piece of information is essential to the foundation of a good business.
Consumers not only want to know about the manufacturing and distributing of
a product, but who it is running the company. Most companies provide a summary
on the background of the corporate leaders. One way of doing this is through
a resume. Information listed in a resume gives future employers information
about your background and experience. You will fill out a resume using a template
found in Microsoft Word. This will be one of the most useful tasks you will
perform because in the near future you will be using this in the real world
when you are seeking employment. At this stage, your resume will not be lengthy.
This activity is designed to introduce you to the many templates that are
stored in Microsoft Word that is available for you to use in an easy point
and click fashion.
You will now open an office document instead of actually
opening the document in Word:
- Click Other Documents tab to display a choice of templates.
- Click the Resume Wizard to open the Résumé Wizard dialog
- Click Next to continue to the styles section. You will be prompted to
select from one of three styles:
- Choose one of the style listed above, then click next.
- You will then be prompted to make a choice on the type of resume. You
will most likely choose entry-level due to your limited job experience.
- An entry level resume is a good choice if you are new to the job
market or have limited job experience.
- A chronological resume highlights your accomplishments in chronological
- A function resume is a good choice for educators at the administrative
level with job experience in several areas.
- A professional resume is a good choice for professional whose education
and accreditation are of primary importance.
- You will next be prompted to enter the address category. Fill in the
areas that you have pertinent to your business (you can make up fictitious
- The headings section has already included the headings you will need,
so click next to move to the optional headings section.
- In the optional headings section, select the additional headings you
want to include.
- At the Add/Sort headings section you can add any heading that might not
have been listed. Simply type in the heading, and then click the Add button
to add it to the already created headings. To change the order of your headings
simply click the heading you want to move, and then click the Move Up or Move
Down button. Click next.
- You are at the last stage of the resume. You can click Finish to view
the document or click Back to make any changes.
- When you click Finish the Resume Wizard actually creates the resume.
You will now type in your personal information.
- Proofread and spell check you document. Have you teacher check it over,
then print it out for your portfolio. Make sure you have your teacher fill
in your grade for this project on you Grading Rubric.