Using Mail Merge to Create Personalized Letters
and Envelopes Lesson Plan
||Patricia Janann Nicholson
||Computer Applications I
|Sunshine State Standard Benchmark:
- Demonstrate appropriate use of varied input and output devices,
and awareness of file management and transfer concepts.
- Produce documents using specified functions of appropriate word
- LA.B.1.4.3-produce final documents that have been edited for
- correct spelling
- correct punctuation, including commas, colons, and common
use of semicolons;
- correct capitalization
- correct sentence formation
- Set up a database file; organize and analyze collected data; and
- LA.B.2.4.2-organize information using appropriate systems
- Manipulate graphic images using varied applications.
- LA.D.2.4.3-recognizes production elements that contribute to
the effectiveness of a specific medium.
||Using Mail Merge to Personlize Letters and Envelopes
||Nicholson's Lesson Plan Blues:
- read and follow the directions for creating a data source, form
letter, and envelope in Microsoft Word.
- use the spell and grammar features in Microsoft Word to correct
spelling and grammar errors.
- use the WordArt feature to create a personlized letter head
- use the picture toolbar to enhance/edit pictures.
- use the drawing toolbar to insert lines, AutoShapes, arrows, callouts,
textboxes, borders around shapes, flipping and rotating objects, decorative
page border, etc.
- use decorative fonts.
||Students will follow the instructions provided at Nicholson's
Lesson Plan Blues Webpage. Finished product will included items listed
in the grading rubric listed below.