||Patricia Janann Nicholson
|Sunshine State Standard Benchmark:
- Demonstrate appropriate use of varied input and output devices,
and awareness of file management and transfer concepts.
- Manipulate graphic images using varied applications.
- LA.D.2.4.3-recognizes production elements that contribute
to the effectiveness of a specific medium.
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic concepts of telecommunications
and use of the Internet, including keyword and Boolean search strategies.
- LA.A.2.4.6-select and use appropriate study and research
skills and tools according to the type of information being gathered
||Animals From Around the World
||Nicholson's Lesson Plan Blues:
- search predefined Internet sites to find the picture and habitat
of certain animals.
- askJeeves.com to find pictures and information of animals that
are not found at the sites listed using keywords and Boolean search
- save the picture to their student folder and then insert it
on their worksheet downloaded form Lesson Plan Blues Web site.
- use the picture toolbar in Microsoft Word to edit the picture.
- type in the habitat of the animal in the document.
- use the drawing toolbar in Microsoft Word to draw textboxes to
hold animal name.
- use the drawing toolbar in Microsoft Word to place arrows to
pointing the habitat of the designated animal. Line thickness and
arrow formatting will also be used.
- use the formatting toolbar to add fill color, change text color,
etc. to their worksheet.
- use Mapquest.com to locate different areas of the world where
the animals reside.
- log onto teacher Web site.
- download the Animals From Around the World Picture Template.
- download the Atlas worksheet.
- download files to their student folder.
- use mapquest to locate countries where specific animals reside.
Completion of the following: