The Teen Tribune/Creating
a Newspaper Publication in Microsoft Word
||Patricia Janann Nicholson
||M/J Introduction to Computers
|Sunshine State Standard Benchmark:
- Demonstrate awareness of computer systems, i.e., input, process, and
- Identify the functions of basic computer hardware and software and
- Operate a computer for varied educational purposes.
- LA.A.2.3.7 synthesize and separate collected information into useful
components using a variety of techniques, such as source
cards, note cards, spreadsheets, and outlines.
- Demonstrate awareness of telecommunications concepts.
- LA.D.2.3.4 understand how the multiple media tools of graphics,
pictures, color, motion, and music can enhance
communication in television, film, radio, and advertising.
- Demonstrate awareness of the impact of technology on careers and
society and the need for its ethical use.
- LA.D.2.3.6 understand specific ways that mass media can potentially
enhance or manipulate information.
- SS.A.2.3.3 understand important technological developments and how
they influenced human society.
- Demonstrate awareness of personal and occupational uses of
computers and other technology.
- SC.H.3.3.7 know that computers speed up and extend people’s ability
to collect, sort, and analyze data; prepare research reports;
and share data and ideas with others.
||7th MYP & 7th/8th Grade Wheel
||The Teen Tribune/Creating a Newspaper Publication
in Microsoft Word
||Nicholson's Lesson Plan Blues
- research various websites with online short stories, compare several,
and select one that would be considered recommended reading for the
teen population. A summary of the story will be typed into a word
- include prices in summary.
- a URL of the short story is included in summary.
- research various websites on Central Florida Theme Parks, compare
several, and select one that would be considered recommended vacation
plans for the teen population. A summary of the theme park will be
typed into a word document.
- Include prices in summary.
- a URL of the theme park is included in summary.
- Research various websites on current movie listings in Palm Beach
County, compare several, and select one that would be considered recommended
reading for the teen population. A summary of the movie will be typed
into a word document.
- Include prices in summary.
- a URL of the movie you recommended is included in summary.
- insert three Clipart/Pictures for each side heading.
- use the Picture Toolbar to format and align pictures/clipart.
- Microsoft Article Formatted Into Newspaper Columns with Graphics
and Charts Included:
- Title Formatted 14 Point Times New Roman Bold and Centered Across
Top (Not in Columns)
- Body of Paper Formatted 11 Point Times New Roman
- Three Side Headings with Bold Format (11 Point Times New Roman)
- Paper Formatted Single Spacing
- Tabs set at 0.2
- Paper Formatted into Two Columns with Vertical Line Between
- Columns Formatted Full Justification
- Drop Cap Used in First Paragraph
- Student Name Included at the End of Document
||Students will follow the instructions provided at Nicholson's Lesson Plan Blues Website.