In order to learn all there is to know about this drawing program,
open the Microsoft Tutorial page below. Do not save this to your
folder. Practice using the different tools mentioned on this page
in order to gain a better understanding of how to complete the
Now that you have the basics, lets have some fun!!!!!!!
- Open Microsoft Paint (Start-Programs-Accessories-Paint).
- Set your canvas size to 800 pixels wide by 600 pixels high.
(Click on image on your standard toolbar then choose attributes.)
- The first thing we will try is designing your name using different
features in the program. Don't be afraid to try different things.
Remember that if you make a mistake, use the Edit, then undo
button. This will allow you to erase the last function you performed.
- To enter your name, click on the button that displays the
- While holding the left mouse button down, drag to open your
text box on the canvas. A text dialog box will open. First assign
the font size to 72, then type your first and last name.
- Set the font style to either stencil, impact, albertus extra
bold, or any style that reflects a wide and full appearance
which will allow you more room to paint. Use the zoom key to
make intricate details. Make sure all opening are closed or
your color will bleed onto your canvas. An example of this activity
is shown below.
- Save it to your folder as My Name.
Now that you have all the features figured out you will now design
a house similar to the one below. Make sure to use all your tools
to get the look you want (example: using Paints Airbrush for smoke,
clouds, flowers, trees).