Giving Your Title Some Oomph!!!
Open Flash from your program files. Follow the
steps below to create a title like this one:
- Click the text button to open the text box. Select font
size, color, and face. Click on your canvas and type Just Plain Stupid. If
you don't like the font style, size, or color, while holding down your left
mouse button, drag over the text to select it. Experiment with the three options
until you get the look you want.
- Click the arrow key and select the text. A border will appear
around your title. To create an abstract look, you must first break your image
apart. With your title selected, click on modify on your standard toolbar,
then select break apart. The letters should now appear gray.
- Click on the canvas to deselect your title.
- Place your arrow on the J and move it around until you see
a right angle symbol that will appear behind your cursor.
While holding down your left mouse button, pull the edge of your J away from
the text. Notice that it will begin to stretch. Continue until you get the
look you want. Continue with the rest of the letters
to create a unique look.
- Click the paint bucket, then the color swatch located under
the button with the hand on it to open the paint palette. To create your own
gradient color, click the multicolored box at the top of the color palette
to open the color dialog box.
- Click on the gradient tab. You will see arrow swatches that
have different colors. Drag these arrows to the left to clear your screen.
One arrow will remain in the work area. To change its color, click on the
arrow left in the work area, then on the color swab located above the box
that displays the word change. Another color palette will open. Select the
color you want the arrow to change to and your color is now represented in
the arrow on the stage.
- Now select the arrow located to the left of the stage. Repeat
the above step to change its color. Drag it on the stage and view the color
change in the box located at the top of the color box. Repeat this as many
times as you want till you get the desired result you want.
- Close your dialog box and examine the color swatch now on
your toolbar. It should now represent the gradient color you created. Your
cursor should still display the paint bucket. Click on the letters to change
them to the color you just created. You must select all to select the whole
title or just click on each letter to add the color individually.
- If you don't like the result, repeat the above steps until
you get the product you want.
- When you have your title the way you want it, click edit,
then choose select all. You will now group your letters to make it one image.
- Click modify on your standard toolbar, then select group.
Your title is now one image. Copy this image, open Fireworks, select new file,
choose a background color, then OK.
- Choose edit, then paste.
- Export your graphic (File-Export), choose gif format, next,
and name it.
- Return to your text editor and replace the H1 command with
the named image file. Center it on the page.
Save it and view it in your browser. If your page looks different,
make sure that you used the paragraph tag to embed your centered title image.